1. In a networked world, trust is the most important currency.
2. Success is really about being ready for the good opportunities that come before you. It's not to have a detailed plan of everything that you're going to do. You can't plan innovation or inspiration, but you can ready for it, and when you see it, you can jump on it.
3. If you forgo your plan, you also have to forgo fear.
4. The thing that people seem to miss about not just Google, but also our competitors, Yahoo, eBay, and so forth, is that there's an awful lot of communities that have never been served by traditional media.
5. Our strategy allows Google to innovate very, very quickly, which I think is a real strength of the company.
6. We weren't here to hope and hang on. We wanted to win.
7. Our policy is we try things, we celebrate our failures.
8. None of us is as smart as all of us.
9. Find a way to say yes to things. Say yes to invitations to a new country, say yes to meet new friends, say yes to learn something new. Yes is how you get your first job, and your next job, and your spouse, and even your kids. Even if it's a bit edgy, a bit out of your comfort zone, saying yes means that you will do something new, meet someone new, and make a difference. Yes lets you stand out in a crowd, be the optimist, see the glass full, be the one everyone comes to. Yes is what keeps us all young.