- 淡泊以明志, 寧靜而致遠
- 大事起於難, 小事起於易
- 勢利之交, 難以經遠
- 將不可驕, 驕則失禮, 失禮則人離, 人離則眾叛
- 貴而不驕, 勝而不悖, 賢而能下, 剛而能忍
- 鞠躬盡瘁, 死而後已
- 靜以修身, 儉而養德
- 奉命於危難之際, 受任於存亡之秋
Monday, July 30, 2012
Sunday, July 15, 2012
- Don't worry about looking good, worry about achieving your goals.
- Life is like a game where you seek to overcome the obstacles that stand in the way of achieving your goals. You get better at this game through practice. The game consists of a series of choices that have consequences. You can't stop the problems and choices from coming at you, so it's better to learn how to deal with them.
- More than anything else, what differentiates people who live up to their potential from those who don't is a willingess to look at themselves and others objectively.
- There is an excellent correlation between giving society what it wants and making money, and almost no correlation between the desire to make money and how much money one makes.
- Never say anything about a person you wouldn't say to them directly, and don't try people without accusing them to their face. Badmouthing people behind their backs shows a serious lack of integrity and is counterproductive. It doesn't yield any beneficial change, and it subverts both the people you are badmouthing and the environment as a whole.
- For every mistake that you learn from, you will save thousands of similar mistakes in the future, so if you treat mistakes as learning opportunities that yield rapid improvements you should be excited by them. But if you treat them as bad things, you will make yourself and others miserable, and you won't grow.
- It is a law of nature that you must do difficult things to gain strength and power. As with working out, after a while you make the connection between doing difficult things and the benefits you get from doing them, and you come to look forward to doing these difficult things.
- People with good work habits have to-do lists that are reasonably prioritized, and they make themselves do what needs to be done. By contrast, people with poor work habits almost randomly react to the stuff that comes at them, or they can't bring themselves to do the things they need to do but don't like to do (or unable to do).