Quotes Extracted from
"A 3rd Serving of Chicken Soup for the Soul" by Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen
1. I am only one, but still I am one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. (Edward E. Hale)
2. Love cures people - both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it. (Dr. Karl Menninger)
3. The soul is healed by being with children. (Fyodor Dostoyevski)
4. Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our heart and we are never, ever the same. (Source Unknown)
5. For everything you have missed, you have gained something else. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
6. Things don't change. You change your way of looking, that's all. (Carlos Castaneda)
7. To every disadvantage there is a corresponding advantage. (W. Clement Stone)
8. Our real blessings often appear to us in the shapes of pains, losses and disappointments; but let us have patience, and we soon shall see them in their proper figures. (Joseph Addison)
9. The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them. (Antoine de Saint Exupery)
10. I visualized where I wanted to be, what kind of player I wanted to become. I knew exactly where I wanted to go, and I focused on getting there. (Michael Jordan)
11. Obstacles cannot crush me; every obstacle yields to stern resolve. (Leonardo da Vinci)
12. They can because they think they can. (Virgil)
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
- You're only poor if you give up. The most important thing is that you did something. Most people only talk and dream of getting rich. You've done something.
- Intelligence solves problems and produces more money. Money, without financial intelligence is money soon gone.
- What do you think about me is not my business, the important thing is what I think about myself...
- Workers work hard enough to not be fired, and owners pay just enough so that workers won't quit.
- We all have tremendous potential, and we all are blessed with gifts. Yet the one thing that holds all of us back is some degree of self-doubt. It is not so much the lack of technical information that holds us back, but more the lack of self-confidence.
- Just know that it's fear that keeps most people working at a job. The fear of not paying their bills, the fear of being fired, the fear of not having enough money, the fear of starting over. That's the price of studying to learn a profession or trade, and then working for money. Most people become a slave to money... and then get angry at their boss.
- It's not what you say out of your mouth that determines your life, it's what you whisper to yourself that has the most power.