Wednesday, February 1, 2012

57 Famous Alibis by Old Man IF

57 Famous Alibis by Old Man IF
- Extract from "Think and Grow Rich" by Napolean Hill

IF I didn't have a wife and a family ...
IF I had enough "pull" ...
IF I had money ...
IF I had a good education ...
IF I could get a job ...
IF I had good health ...
IF I only had time ...
IF times were better ...
IF other people understood me ...
IF conditions around me were only different ...
IF I could live my life over again ...
IF I did not fear what "THEY" would say ...
IF I had been given a chance ...
IF I now had a chance ...
IF other people didn't "have it in for me" ...
IF nothing happens to stop me ...
IF I were only younger ...
IF I could only do what I want ...
IF I had been born rich ...
IF I could meet "the right people" ...
IF I had the talent that some people have ...
IF I dared assert myself ...
IF I only had embraced past opportunities ...
IF people didn't get on my nerves ...
IF I didn't have to keep house and look after the children ...
IF I could save some money ...
IF the boss only appreciated me ...
IF I only had somebody to help me ...
IF my family understood me ...
IF I lived in a big city ...
IF I could just get started ...
IF I were only free ...
IF I had the personality of some people ...
IF I were not so fat ...
IF my talents were known ...
IF I could just get a "break" ...
IF I could only get out of debt ...
IF I hadn't failed ...
IF I only knew how ...
IF everybody didn't oppose me ...
IF I didn't have so many worries ...
IF I could marry the right person ...
IF people weren't so dumb ...
IF my family were not so extravagant ...
IF I were sure of myself ...
IF luck were not against me ...
IF I had not been born under the wrong star ...
IF it were not true that "what is to be will be" ...
IF I did not have to work so hard ...
IF I hadn't lost my money ...
IF I lived in a different neighborhood ...
IF I didn't have a "past" ...
IF I only had a business of my own ...
IF other people would only listen to me ...
IF I had the courage to see myself as I really am, I would find out what is wrong with me, and correct it, then I might have a chance to profit by my mistakes and learn something from the experience of others, for I know that there is something WRONG with me, or I would now be where I WOULD HAVE BEEN IF I had spent more time analyzing my weaknesses, and less time building alibis to cover them.

No comments:

Post a Comment